Wednesday, July 11

iLifestyle: flat tummy project

A few months ago, my best friend turned me onto this amazing tumblr and facebook fanpage called "Flat Tummy Project".  This amazing and beautiful girl has seriously been the inspiration behind us getting in shape for summer and training for life in general. 

I feel so honored and blessed to have her visiting my blog today to hopefully inspire you guys as well!
****************

Thank you Amber!
I am so excited to be guest posting on Redheaded Daybook today and I hope my words really do help you. 

My Story
I began my weight loss journey when I was 16 years old. I had moved from one high school to another, and brought 40 extra pounds with me. I was a volleyball play in 9th grade, and I would train 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. This allowed me to eat whatever I wanted, but when I switched schools, I kept the eating habits without doing the exercise, and as a result, reached my highest weight of 181 lbs. I joined the weight loss program, weight watchers, and it really helped. I lost about 16 lbs in 2 months. I was able to keep most of it off until my last relationship. I gained 10 lbs when it ended, and felt pretty bumbed out. I was stuck at 174 lbs until I started hanging out with a new group of people. That’s when I decided to take action, and started the 6 week body makeover (see The Beginning section). I lost 39 lbs, getting to 135 lbs, the smallest I had been in my adult life, but age 19. I graduated, and met my current boyfriend, who is also into health and getting into shape. I am now 21, and have gained 10 lbs, and fluctuate between 135-146, and I have decided that I need to continue my weight loss to reach the goal weight by the time I graduate this year, which is June 17th. I will, however, not be upset if I am not quiet there yet on my graduation day, but I will for sure be at the goal weight by the end of this year. I am hoping that doing this will motivate me into getting into shape, knowing that I am not alone in the journey, and that I have people that I could let down from being a weight loss blogger.
healthy-sexy-happy:

Hahaha exactly!
reasonstobefit:

submitted by bizarrevolution
(Heck, you don’t even need a gym to become fit! I love using the poor man’s gym.)
Workout
For work outs I usually would go to the gym, and do 20 minutes of cardio, and about 30 minutes of free weights. But I love taking work out classes. My favorites are zumba, palates, and indoor cycling. I can understand though that many people can't afford those kinds of things, so I offer a page filled with all the popular work outs on it. I actually just started the 30 day shred last night, and I am going to start the Brazilian butt lift soon.
If you are looking for some great non-gym workout, I’ve listed some of my favorite videos HERE for at home use J
 
Food
With food, I basically try to keep it as clean as I can. I try not to eat more than 1800 a day. But it has to be more than 1200, no unhealthy eating allowed!!! My favorite ice cream alternative that i have made a few times is my peanut butter banana "ice cream". You peel a Banana (usually the one that is starting to turn brown and you don't really wanna eat anyways) and cut it up into about an inch and put it in the freezer. Wait until it is hard, then put it in a blender (or magic bullet like myself) with a little bit of water (like a tablespoon to begin with, cause you will add more later), about 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter, a teaspoon of honey, and 1-2 packets of stevia sweetener (I like stevia in the raw or truvia) and blend. If it is not blending, add more water. Then you can either decide to drink it as a smoothie, or put it in the freezer, the longer you wait, the harder it gets, but it shouldn't get to frozen that it turns into a ice cube lol.
fit4lifenot4now:

50 Awesome Pre and Post-Workout Snacks | Greatist.com

Good luck and hope your feel inspired!


Tumblr // Fanpage // Email


1 comment:

Eimear O'Reilly Stylist said...

Ah this is a great post. you should be so proud of all your hard work! I have a new post up about vision boards if you get a chance to check it out, would love to know what you think,thanks!

your new follower, Eimear x

http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie/