Tuesday, February 5

fresh squeezed oranges



So I've been in this funky kind of mood the last couple of days. And not to say it's a stink of a mood, because it's not. But I've been feeling like I have so much more potential then what I'm exerting. Not to mention that I've been on this 'road to self discovery' on the down low. But of course this could be the pregnancy heightening my emotions. But at the same time, this could be a good thing.

I feel like I'm really letting FEAR take over my path in life. I feel like because I'm about to bring a new baby into the world and because we just bought a new house (I know that threw you for a loop, details coming soon!!! And of course photos), I'm too afraid to really drop my job and pursue my passion/talent/what I'm good at/enjoy. 

Do you ever feel that way? So secure where you are at (financially speaking) that you just don't have the courage to quit and pursue your passion. 

It's saddening because I have always had the philosophy that you can do whatever you set your mind to and that you should pursue what makes you happy. But it's true what the 'adults' counter with: life happens (kids, house) and you really feel trapped.

Like I said it's not a stink mood I'm in because I'm happy with my job, but feel like I'm limiting myself, my abilities and my ambition. I want so much more for myself but I don't want to be selfish or irrational but quitting a secure and well paying job for uncertainty. If Daymien wasn't on the way this decision would be so easy. But I'm RESPONSIBLE for this little man's happiness.

[happy tuesday!]




8 comments:

Ginny said...

This is a huge time in your life and it's so normal to feel anxious about this changes. Take it one day at a time and know that things will work out the way they are supposed to.
Ginny
mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

I feel like I could've written this post, well except for the part about being pregnant and buying a new home. :) Listen to that little voice, it always tells the truth. I'm a stability seeker too but with some major recent job changes am feeling like it's time to start living up to potential.

s said...

Don't pressure yourself too much at this point, lady, it sounds like you got a lot on your plate and a lot of changes coming up. But at the same time, remember that you can do anything you set your mind to; maybe instead of diving right into it, you can find little chunks of time to devote to your talents and passions and make those chunks of time a priority. Congratulations on the house and I can't wait to see pictures - so exciting!

Unknown said...

cute, love the color of those pants!

Green Girl said...

I quit my job last year because I wanted to pursue my passion but i have to admit that there are days when I miss the regular paycheck. Of course, it's a whole lot different thing when you have a baby to think about. I guess you may consider pursuing your passion one step at a time just to test the waters, as they say. There would be a lot of changes so once you get the feel of things, then maybe you can decide what's the next best step for you :)

Kat said...

ive never felt this way before but I do feel the pressure of having to be successful since i have so much money put into tuition and school. but im sure you'll figure everything out! :)

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Elisa Zanetti said...

It never happened to me, but it must be very hard to decide...
kisses
http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

Amy said...

love the bright pants!
http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/